Tuesday, October 28, 2008

So today, I’ll say this about Ms. PayPay… I still don’t think she should be set loose in DC, but was it her fault that McCain’s handlers and RNC peeps went on a shopping spree? She was too busy prepping for her cut-throat interview with Katie Couric to go herself or to ask questions about where the items came from and how much was spent. PayPay is off the hook, in my book, for this infraction.

This is purely speculation, but maybe the shopping was directed by Cindy, who is suspected of having worn a $300K outfit at the convention. But really, do I blame Cindy? No, she’s rich and who wouldn’t want to get stuff from Saks. Have you seen their shoe department?

I haven’t gone soft though. I read a fantastic article on PayPay in the New Yorker this past weekend. The article mentioned that PayPay has long had her sights set beyond the elk and flannel of Alaksan politics. That’s fine (ok, that’s not fine because the woman worries me, but that’s another story), BUT if she’s had DC in mind for longer than she’s been the Veep nominee why hasn’t she done her due diligence? She’s not stupid and perhaps she really is an RNC rising star (argh!), but if she wants to compete and make a difference why has she not done her homework? Why didn’t she have a passport until 10 minutes ago, what can’t she name a single international newspaper that she reads, and why can’t she answer a question?

I find her so bothersome because she’s a total rookie and is in way over her and it makes me want to scream two things:

1. I feel like I’m taking crazy pills.
2. What? Do you think this is amateur night?

The good news is that I’ll think she’ll be spending at least the next few years in Juneau.

3 comments:

LJ, DC and ML said...

I think you're right, you might be obsessed. Is this like a school-yard crush, you hate her so much you love her? jk.

LJ, DC and ML said...

ps. when will we be changing this name to starry-eyed suprise? Post this comment. JJ and Jared will like it.

KMB said...

Don't worry. My obsession with PayPay will be over soon and then I'll go back to my one true love- PIRATES.