Thursday, October 23, 2008

I've been meaning to post something for a while, but I don't want to bore any one with my obsession. The truth is that I didn't realize that "it" was an obsession until just now. I suppose that "it" should be called "she". And "she" could, should, might, ought to be called "Sarah Palin."

At the Emmy's Tina Fey so poignantly said, "I want to be done playing this lady Nov. 5. So if anybody can help me be done playing this lady Nov. 5, that would be good for me." I don't want to write or talk about her, but she keeps creeping into my thoughts. So, to go along with Tina's sentiments, I'll echo her and say that I want don't to keep thinking about her so if anybody, especially in the flyover states, could help me with that I'd appreciate it.

Back when life was simple (in early September), before the train wreck interviews had aired and Joe-six packs references were used, back when I didn't know how to conjugate estar, I had a candid discussion with my mother about Ms. Palin, who at the time, seemed like a passing guility pleasure of mine.

(And let's be clear- the guility pleasure was the scowl-browed interest, like reading People Magazine for politicians AND not in any way an admiration of her and/or her aspirations to ru(i)n the country.)

But I digress, I expressed my concern to my mom about SP's qualifications that are and were MIA and my perception that perhaps her children need her right now more than the country does (or ever will... again, I digress). My mother simply responded that I needed to therefore do a couple things in own life so as to not fall into the same trap:

Choose either 1. to go into politics OR 2. get married/have kids

(Ok technically we discussed that fact that I could be in politcs if my kids were older, but no baby bjorns with a business suit)

AND on top of that, create a really good single serving lemonade recipe.

I have made no choices, nor have I worked on the recipe. But at least I know what my options are.

5 comments:

LJ, DC and ML said...

And by bore anyone I'm supposing you mean me? Since you say that I'm the only one reading it.
Ha!
I'm so over the election. . . But not over you!

KMB said...

First of all, I think that Molly and Jenni know about the blog too. So that's potentially three faithful readers.

And to you three I say thank you!

I want to be over the election, but it's so hard.

Jared said...

There are at least four faithful readers. And I'm also hoping that Tina Fey can retire the Sarah Palin character, BUT I am a huge fan of Jason Sudeikis' role as Todd Palin.

Jenni said...

Thoughts of Sarah Palin are like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. And I feel for Tina, wanting to be done with her on November 5th. But I also find myself getting excited every Thursday and Saturday with the anticipation that maybe Tina will do another awesome skit. I think 30 Rock is the answer. When Tina is back on 30 Rock, I will no longer feel the need to see her play Sarah. Cross my fingers. . .

Molly said...

Ooh! Yes! I know you're here. And I think you are HILARIOUS. HILL-AIR-EE-US.